About Me



My Secret Cafe...
is a place where I share the things that make me smile, things that inspire me, are useful to know or are just simply beautiful and amazingly brilliant or stylish.

I love discovering new things and talking about them. It might be a new fashion or beauty product, a must-have plant for my secret garden, or healthy food ideas that are simple, tasty and good. It could be a stunning new photo, piece of art or decor or really anything that gets me excited enough to share with others, who knows!!

I hope you stop by again and enjoy discovering some of my secrets too!

Jayne




Monday 6 June 2011

Thunder...


As promised another beauty from Chelsea...a peony, 'Golden Thunder'. Just imagine this planted with Iris 'Mysterieux' (see previous blog) or another rich purple tall-bearded iris!! 'Golden Thunder' has a bronzy, smokiness quality to the flowers as they age. 

I was not a peony fan until 2 years ago when I planted Peony 'Buckeye Belle' and it hasn't stopped delighting me since. Peonies may not flower for long but when they do they are 'show-stoppers' and the foliage is big, interesting and quite tropical, lasting until autumn so they don't disappoint even when the flowers are long gone! These plants really do make an excellent long-term investment! Peony 'Golden Thunder' is available from Kelways.

No comments:

Post a Comment